Translate

Thursday 18 July 2013

Mr. Darcy's Dream


I try to make a conscious effort of remembering my dreams.  But my husband tends to not remember them, though he has some entertaining ones from what I am able to deduce from his nightly sleep-talking.  He oddly enough, remembered meeting my maternal grandmother in his dream.  Bear in mind, he never met her in person.  In his dream, he was serving tea to my grandmother.  And he asked her if she would like the milk poured first, and she replied in the affirmative. And they apparently had a nice cup of tea together.  Sadly, my grandmother passed away a month ago, having never met my husband or our newborn.  Apparently, as she was nearing her end, she kept asking to speak to my husband and to see my daughter.  Despite being a tough disciplinarian who, like many in Jane Austen’s time, believed in accomplishments, also had a fondness for sweets.  And if we are what we eat, she was incredibly sweet.

2 comments:

  1. I love dreams but don't always remember them but when I do, I enjoy researching their meanings ~ I really believe they are telling us something, though I don't always know what that may be ~ sorry for the loss of your Grandmother and that she didn't have the chance to meet your little one ... Judi

    ReplyDelete