Translate

Saturday 3 August 2013

A Faux Pas

     I have unfortunately been remiss in my blog updates. What would Miss. Manners say? I have been busy by visitations with family and friends.  But mostly I am enraptured by some books I have borrowed from the library.  One about Austen inspired crochet projects, one about simple embroidery patterns, and two classic novels in graphic novel form.  One of the graphic novels, Jane Eyre to be exact, is quite astute in pinpointing certain wisdoms with which I have been toying. A character named Helen, says that one may be happier by forgetting the severity of others and ones passionate emotions.  I have shared that particular advice with my sister, who insists on remembering and rehashing all the missteps of our guardians in our childhood. And Bronte’s words, “Even for me life had its gleams of sunshine”.  Unearthing past wounds do nothing for my healing, but I feel bound by the bonds of sisterhood to be a sounding board to my sibling.  But I wonder sometimes if the expense is too great, for listening to her sometimes makes the weight on my heart seem weightier.  Doesn’t everyone have something unsavoury about their family?

1 comment:

  1. They sure do ~ Unfortunately, for many years I was like your sister, hanging onto the past, blaming, judging ... the weight was lifted when I accepted and believed my parents really wanted the best for us all even though I may not have liked or agreed with their approach. I now believe it has made me a better person and I hope your sis can one day have her weight lifted ~ hard as it may be, life is too short to hold on to grievances ~ Judi

    ReplyDelete